Wednesday, August 22, 2007

THINK BIG START SMALL

In fulfillment of the purpose for which this forum was created, today, I will be talking about a peculiar business idea. The business I’m introducing to you is not just an idea, it is a reality. So all I’m going to share with you is borne out of personal experience. It’s a secret many in this field guard jealously and hold close to their heart. You are welcome to the world of FRETWORKING. Fretwork is the art of cutting and designing thin wood in various forms/shapes. However, in Nigeria, this form of artwork is popularly referred to as engraving. So, I will be referring to it as engraving subsequently since most of us are in the Nigerian environment. Engraving is such a lucrative business that is bringing so much money to the few people who are into the business. The materials to get you started are very cheap (LESS THAN N2, 000.00), did I hear you say impossicant? IT is the truth . In addition, the materials are readily available. You don’t have to have a degree in Fine Arts (I never offered Fine Arts even at WAEC level), all you need is a creative mind and you can even do better than those in the business already and be smiling all the way to the bank for your cool CASH. It might please you to note that export options are also feasible. You can either do it on part-time or full- time basis. You might be saying to yourself, I already have a well paid job so I don’t need a vocation. What about that neighbour/buddy/relative or brother of yours. Instead of always giving him fish, why not empower him to be self reliant? Add value to his/her life so that he does not always come asking you for money. I will write the part 2 of this post soon. Stay tuned as you think big and start small.

No comments: